Once again, Girl Guides Western Australia is working with Radio Lollipop on a Statewide Service Challenge. Girl Guide Members are asked to donate new stationery and gift items to fill activity packs for kids in WA hospitals.
Girl Guides WA will provide bags for members to decorate and pack from February 2021.
Types of Packs:
- Primary boy
- Teen boy
- Primary girl
- Teen girl
What to include
- You'll be placing 4-5 items into each bag, including:
- Anything stationery, including pencils, crayons, stickers, notepads, glitter pens, highlighters, erasers, etc.
- Colouring books, especially teen ones
- Sudoko or crossword puzzle books
- Hair accessories e.g. clips, scrunchies, headbands
- Small toiletry items e.g. hand creams, lip balms
- Matchbox cars, dinosaur figures, wild animals, etc (these often come in packs of 10 or more and are great to add one or two to each bag)
- Mini puzzles
All of these items can be found in Kmart, Pricesavers, Red Dot, etc.
Decorating the bag
All bags are expected to be returned to Guide House throughout 2021, either decorated and filled, or surplus unused bags clean and empty. Please use positive decorations and messaging, avoiding using words like 'sick,' 'sad' or 'ill' (at Radio Lollipop's request).
Order bags for your Unit from 9479 9800 or [email protected]
Download this page as a flyer for your members below. There is also an editable certificate template to present to those girls who participated.