The intent of this statement is to ensure that the privacy of all individuals, is respected and that Girl Guides WA is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals they deal with.
When you create an account directly on this website or otherwise express your interest in becoming a member of Girl Guides WA, the information you submit will be retained for use in keeping with the purposes of Girl Guides WA. The data will be maintained and managed by Girl Guides WA.
To protect your privacy, Girl Guides WA moderates the level of access given to administrators, management, staff and volunteers, only permitting access to your information for official and appropriate purposes. This statement is binding on all staff and volunteer members of Girl Guides WA and is subject to relevant codes of conduct and behaviour. The website uses SSL-certified encryption to protect your information and our system is PCI compliant.
The Privacy Act 1988, as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000, does not apply to Not-for-Profit Organisations, however Girl Guides WA intends to adhere to the requirements under the Privacy Act and the National Privacy Principles.
Disclosure of personal information and security
Girl Guides WA will maintain control of, and take reasonable steps to keep, all personal information it holds securely. As a general rule, Girl Guides WA will not provide personal information to any third parties except:
- by exchanging information between Guiding Organisations for the purpose of fulfilling our mission statement;
- to contractors engaged to provide services in connection with the purposes mentioned above but only if they satisfy Girl Guides WA that they will comply with the Privacy Act and other relevant privacy laws; and
- if it is otherwise permitted or required by the Privacy Act or any law.
Where appropriate, Girl Guides WA will handle personal information including sensitive information such as health information according to the employee records exemption in the Privacy Act and other applicable exemption in other legislation.
- Once registered, you can login at any time to review or update your information.
- You may request access to personal information that Girl Guides WA hold about you and advise of any inaccuracies by contacting GGWA on 9479 9800.
- If you have any queries or concerns about how your information is kept or used, please contact us via phone on 9479 9800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org