The Olave Program enables young women aged 18-30 (known as 'Olaves') to serve, support and succeed. The Program aims to facilitate personal challenges through a flexible network, with a particular focus on service. It provides a voice for the young women of Guiding in this age group.
Olaves seek to challenge themselves under areas of the Olave Program Framework and can choose to complete awards under the Olave Award Structure.
The Olave Program encourages us to:
- Show our commitment to Guiding through the PROMISE AND LAW.
- Support OUR COMMUNITY through voluntary service to Guiding and the wider world.
- Celebrate and develop a deeper understanding of Guiding through HERITAGE AND TRADITIONS.
- Foster cultural acceptance and strengthen global links through experiencing INTERNATIONAL GUIDING.
- Support, encourage and learn from each other through SOCIAL NETWORKS.
- Grow as individuals through pursuing opportunities for SELF DEVELOPMENT.
The Olave Resource
The Olave Resource contains almost everything you might want to know about the Olave Program. It explains the framework, uniform, badges and awards, the opportunities available and the various means of participating in the Program. It should answer most of your questions.
Email the WA Olave Adviser if you are interested in joining an Olave Peer Group, getting involved in Olave activities, or if you have any queries.